Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Inspiration factor


Its been more than eight years but I still remember the time when I wasn't taken seriously when it came to sports-athletics,cricket & any other damned wannabe macho activity,the reason?I used to be a lean(thin?) boy with  pathetic levels of self confidence....i still remember watching Rocky series the first time & the incredible effect these movies from Stallone(my idol,then & now) had on me....this movie played a major role in me taking up weight training although at that point of time all that I wanted was to pack on big muscle and look like someone who remotely resembled Stallone.

Its been eight years now and not only have I packed on big muscle but I've also acquired enough knowledge on the How,What and Whys of being fit and the various aspects of strength and weight training.

The other day when I was working out,I caught a guy staring at me and when he realized that I had caught his stare,he came to me and somewhat hesitantly asked like how long I had been working out and other related stuff.He turned out to be a college kid who had just hit the gym a few months ago.I told him patiently that i had been working out for years together and he almost gaped when I mentioned the no. of years.However before leaving he said that he was asking all that coz he wanted to build a physique just like mine...and hearing this I couldn't help but permit myself a broad smile.I was actually good enough to inspire someone and that moment made my day.

Trust me,It really was a great feeling!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey macho man congrats on building up muscle.I am sure no one can bully u know,rather u can bully others.happy body building

Yours in Lollu,
Pratap